My observations of great teams in both my business and professional sports careers have led me to believe that there are parallel practices common to both. Here are the 6P’s of great teams.
- Preparation: They prepare in advance and always expect to win.
- Plans: They own and understand them. One-page plans are the best.
- Practice – They constantly practice their craft and are involved in perpetual learning and self improvement.
- Persistence – They don’t quit in the face of adversity or obstacles; they take great joy in dealing with challenge.
- imPatient – They want it done yesterday and feel today is the best time to make things happen.
- Party – They have lots of celebrations and recognition for achieving milestones; then they set more aggressive goals and move on to the next one.
Weekly Wisdom by Jerry Rollins, CEO/Chairman of Sage Executive Group